A Way With Words
A Way With Words
What I do.
The written word is used to accomplish specific goals: inform an audience, make a contact, persuade a client, close a sale. Successful business communication is persuasive and precise. My clients are the lifeblood of my business. I work in the following areas, in addition to editing entire books and guiding authors through the self-publishing process. If you have writing needs of any kind, I would like to work with you to determine how I might be of most help.
- Original Writing: I create well-written documents based on your background information and needs, along with my own research and interviews. Examples of original pieces include: interviews, articles brochures, newsletters, corporate and direct mail correspondence, promotional materials, advertising copy, PR campaigns, website text, and audio-visual scripts. $125 per hour
- Deep editing: This involves the substantial rewriting and reorganization of your document, based on the tenets of the C*L*E*A*R Writing Workshop – that it is concise, logical, engaging, accurate and relevant. I specialize in making your document a more effective communication tool for your intended audience. $90 per hour
- Copyediting: I check for errors of grammar, spelling, and punctuation and make sure that your document’s style is consistent. I also correct awkward or confusing phrases and sentences. Copyediting is done before the document is laid out. $85 per hour
- Proofreading and Pre-press proofs: This critically important process provides one last look at your document before it is printed or published on the web and checks for any remaining inconsistencies and errors. Proofreading is done after the final editing and after the document is laid out. $75 per hour
- Professional Resume: For beginning to mid-career professionals. Includes 5 copies on 100% cotton resume bond paper. $275
- Executive Resume: For senior level professionals. Includes 5 copies on 100% cotton resume bond paper. $350
Ready to get started? Call 704 609-5531, or email me to discuss your upcoming project.